Monstera deliciosa, Swiss Cheese Plant
Fits 13.5cm+ pots
About Wallace - Swiss Cheese Plant
The Swiss Cheese Plant has and still is a fantastic statement piece that will provide gorgeous foliage for any room.
In the jungles is where this beautiful plant is used to, living in the shade of other much larger trees. The funky-looking gaps and holes on its leaves are actually a clever design to let light through to any lower leaves whilst in the jungle. Wallace's leaves will mature over time and develop many more gaps as the leaves get bigger.
Wallace also works as a home air pollutant filter. Toxic gases from around the home are absorbed and broken down. Cleaner air and more oxygen mean healthier and happy individuals with greater productivity and less stress!
Translated in Latin as the 'delicious monster', the Monstera deliciosa is large and glossy and sure to add some style to your home or office.
Plant Info Guide
- Size: Wallace can range in sizes from 50-65cm.
- Water: Be sure to water only when the soil is dry. This will depend on humidity and dryness; however, a good rule of thumb would be once a week in the summer and once a fortnight in the winter.
- Light: Loves lots of bright, indirect light but not direct sunlight. Can also survive in a little bit of shade but would definitely prefer a nice light room.
- Temperature: Likes a nice warm temperature of between 18°C and 27°C, to achieve maximum growth.
- Humidity: Works fine with normal humidity levels, but nothing too dry preferably with a regular misting.
- Toxicity: Can be poisonous if eaten.