Monstera adansonii Monkey Leaf, Swiss Cheese Plant
Fits 12.5cm+ pots
About Sammy - Monkey Leaf Plant
The Monstera adansonii, often referred to as the Monkey Leaf Plant, gets its name due to its resemblance to a monkey's face (apparently...). Similar to the Swiss Cheese Plant, Sammy has lots of holes in his leaves (don't fret, they're supposed to be like that..!).
In the jungles is where this beautiful plant is used to, living in the shade of other much larger trees. The funky-looking holes on its leaves are actually a clever design to let light through to any lower leaves whilst in the jungle. But assuming you're not living in an actual jungle, these holes just add to an awesome-looking house plant.
Sammy the Monkey Leaf Plant also works as a home air pollutant filter. Toxic gases from around the home are absorbed and broken down. Cleaner air and more oxygen mean healthier and happy individuals with greater productivity and less stress!
Fill the plant-sized hole in your life with this wonderful indoor plant!
Plant Info Guide
- Size: Sammy can range in sizes from 15-25cm.
- Water: Be sure to water only when the soil is dry. This will depend on humidity and dryness; however, a good rule of thumb would be once a week in the summer and once a fortnight in the winter.
- Light: Loves lots of bright, indirect light but not direct sunlight. Can also survive in a little bit of shade but would definitely prefer a nice light room.
- Temperature: Likes a nice warm temperature of between 18°C and 27°C, to achieve maximum growth.
- Humidity: Works fine with normal humidity levels, nothing too dry.
- Toxicity: Can be poisonous to pets and children, so best to keep away from wandering hands and paws.